Sunday, March 7, 2010

Starting the Journey

So this is it: the inevitable first post to this blog. I have only had one blog before, chronicling my journey abroad to Montevideo, Uruguay for a semester in 2008, and never really been able to write in a journal consistently. Yet I'm realizing the importance of self-reflection, communication, and self-expression and want to do more to foster that. My goals for this endeavor include improving my writing and communication skills, sharing my life with my family and friends, and keep a running log of my adventures.

As for the title, I've been accused (mostly by my housemates) of having no interests other than climbing and physics. This, for all practical purposes, is true to some extent at this point in my life: my "girlfriend" is an 8' x 8' over hung piece plywood dotted with climbing holds in my backyard and I do spend a lot of time with my nose in a textbook, pencil scribbling frantically on scratch paper. But I feel as though there is much more to me than "Mountains and Minds." I like to read, write, mess with photography, cook, eat, enjoy good movies...thus I want this blog to reflect that. Get read as I attempt to share the inner workings of me. Expect to see: tales of adventure; thoughts on school, life, theology, and even physics; reactions to movies, books, blogs, news, etc.; even stories about my failures and triumphs in the kitchen.

Proving myself more than mountains and minds will be a work in progress for sure, and I hope you enjoy the journey as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment